Um 1910 wurde tief im White River Canyon ein Wasserkraftwerk am Fuß der White River Falls erbaut. Das Kraftwerk war bis zur Fertigstellung des „The Dalles Dam“ ca. 1960 im Betrieb und versorgte die Wasco und Sherman Countys mit Strom.

Around 1910, a hydroelectric power station was built deep in White River Canyon at the base of the White River Falls. The power plant was in operation until the completion of “The Dalles Dam” around 1960 and supplied electricity to Wasco and Sherman counties.